2nd Team Stats Archive :: Fixtures, Results and Reports

Felbridge (Home) - Division 2
Result: 3 -3

Scorers: OG, Mullen, Keane

The reserves shared the points with Felbridge in an entertaining encounter on a wet and boggy Lindfield common. We started brightly with most of the play in the Felbridge half during the opening exchanges; Keane and Kevern were looking sharp up top and causing their backline a few problems but we didn’t create any real chances. On 10 minutes Felbridge had their first real attack and it was decisive, a nice move ended with their strikers playing a 1-2 round a static swans backline who didn’t track any runners and their striker went through for 1-0. Felbridge took the upper hand after this and Allen saved well to deny them a second, and the spurned another good chance after some hesitant defending. We responded with Kevern turning his man superbly and firing a hard, low cross along the 6 yard line, Keane was about to tap in as their defender tried to cut the ball out but succeeded in diverting the cross in for 1-1. Lindfield were now in the ascendancy with Irvine and Lee causing problems down the left, Baker struck over, Mullen dragged wide and Irvine straight at the keeper but the best chances fell to Ashdown who blazed two over the bar when well placed (definitely a nose bleed for him being that far forward!!). Felbridge’s front two caused us problems all day though and another neat moved ended with Ashdown blocking the shot for a corner. The corner was cleared but their centre mid was left in acres of space 25 yards out, he fired an absolute screamer into the top corner for 2-1 at the break.

The 2nd half was equally end to end with both sets of strikers causing the defences problems. Kevern fired wide and Brown came into the game down the right, causing their full back a few problems and he won a free kick on 55 minutes. Chilmaid swung in a cross to the far post and Kevern caused problems heading the ball up and back across goal, Mullen arrived to head home from 6 yards to make it 2-2. Almost straight afterwards a shocker in our back four allowed their striker to turn and beat two players from a throw, he sliced his cross but it crept in near post for 3-2. It was end to end at this point with Kevern creating further chances for Baker and Irvine whilst we were not looking at all safe at the back. On 80 minutes Kevern dropped deep to pick up a cleared corner, he played a delightful pass for Keane who took the ball in his stride and smashed home from 18 yards for 3-3. A fair result in an open game, but we made serious errors on all 3 goals so was a bit frustrating. MOM for the Swans went to Kevern who troubled the Felbridge backline all afternoon and ended with 3 assists.